Apr 5, 2013

"You're off to great places, Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so... get on your way. Oh the places you'll go" (Dr. Seuss)

You're off to great places,
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting, 
So... get on your way..!
-Dr. Seuss, Oh the Places You'll Go

A few final thoughts as the count-down well and truly begins..! I've put my finely tuned project management skills into overdrive and my two bags are already parked at the front door waiting to whisked away on yet another this great adventure..! I have a number of different emotions and thoughts going around in my head - nerves, excitement, standing on the cusp of the known and the unknown... Soon this journey will 'formally' begin... and I can't wait..!!

Before leaving a few "Thank Yous"…

Thank you to my amazing friends - for your many emails, calls and words of wisdom. Thanks for your kindness and for making me laugh during those moments when I needed to most and for listening and for picking up so many thing for me while I am away. You guys are the best and I really really can't wait to have a drink with you all on a very sunny patio this summer.  A huge special thank you to my amazing flatmates and friends, DJ Lora  and Kirsten. You guys rock. Literally...!!

A huge thank you to the charity, Hope for Tomorrow through which I’ve had the pleasure of meeting and working with two amazing women, Christine Mills and Alex Trapnell.  I'm really excited to be working with you on yet another adventure..! 

Thank you to my family - for your patience and for the spirit of adventure that I am certain that I inherited from you.... although there is some argument which side of the family it actually came from..! I know how much you worry about me but, in the same breath, how much you totally stand behind and support everything that I do. 

Thank you to Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC) and to my colleagues for your support, encouragement and strength. Thanks also to the fantastic project team still plugging away while I go - will think of you heaps and will send text message reminders for status reports!

Thank you to the organisations and individuals who have supported me – Sherpa Adventure Gear, Danielle Sweeney Design, Striders Edge, CHUCS

A final humungous thank you to everyone who has kindly contributed to Hope for Tomorrow. On behalf of the charity, I very much appreciate all of the support that you have shown to this tremendously worthwhile cause. Your donations will certainly help to make the lives of those people living with cancer and requiring chemotherapy much more comfortable, allowing them to have their cancer treatment close to home. 

If you haven't donated but wish to support this fantastic cause you can do so via this link: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/HopeforTomorrowClimb

Next stop - KATHMANDU!!


“So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life's A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you'll move mountains.” 
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go!







0 comments:

Post a Comment